“Chancellor Jeremy Hunt is considering significant Isa reforms to encourage individual savers to invest in the UK stock market. Proposed changes may include additional tax-free allowances for investing in UK companies and merging stocks and shares ISAs with cash ISAs. This initiative aims to attract more capital to London-listed companies and boost the UK’s investment landscape.“
Quote by Nigel Holland
- Chancellor considering Isa reforms to promote investment in UK stock market.
- Options include tax-free allowances for UK company investments and merging ISAs.
- Aims to counter British businesses favouring the US over the UK.
- Hopes to steer savers toward stocks and shares ISAs, increasing City investment.
- Reforms may encourage hi-tech start-ups to stay in London; no firm decisions before Autumn Statement.