Ian Lowe Accountant | Taxation Specialist
With a wealth of experience in accounts preparation and taxation planning, Ian Lowe is your trusted partner in navigating the complex world of personal and corporate tax. Ian’s expertise extends to VAT and various other tax domains, making him a versatile advisor for businesses of all types.
Qualifications and Background: Ian Lowe joined Holland & Co Chartered Accountants in 2002, armed with a formidable educational background that includes GCSEs, A levels, a certificate of achievement in Business Dynamics, 2 UK Mathematical Certificates, and the AAT qualification. Over the years, Ian has honed his practical skills and knowledge, offering invaluable support to businesses in a myriad of accounting areas.
- Company Secretarial Services: Ian excels in ensuring strict compliance with the Companies Act and a company’s Articles of Association. This includes handling statutory forms, documenting directors’ and shareholders’ actions, and maintaining statutory registers.
How Ian Can Assist You: At Holland & Co, Ian plays a pivotal role in managing staff, reviewing work, and training new team members. His dedication to providing expert guidance extends to:
- Accounting reference dates
- Ad-hoc advice on company secretarial procedures
- Appointment and resignation of directors
- Alterations to Articles of Association
- Capital reductions
- Changes of company name
- Company formations
- Directors’ meetings and resolutions
- Dissolution and restoration
- Maintenance of statutory records
- Notarial services
- Re-registration on change of company status
- Registered office and service address
- Share buy-backs, including redemptions; share transfers, issues, and allotments
- Annual Compliance Returns
- Company Formations
- Share Issues & Transfers
- Maintenance Of Company Register
Success Story: A Cautionary Tale Ian has encountered numerous clients who initially opted for the DIY approach to limited company setup, believing it to be a cost-saving measure. However, one case illustrates the potential pitfalls. A client who set up his own limited company without expert guidance missed out on essential tax planning, leading to penalties and higher tax rates on dividends. The cost of not utilizing Holland & Co’s services ran into thousands of pounds.