“HMRC plans to implement an ‘annualized hours’ pilot scheme, offering customer service staff a 1% pay increase in exchange for giving up flexible working. This initiative aims to tackle the poor customer service reputation faced by HMRC, with some staff working longer hours during the busy tax season and fewer hours in quieter periods. The pilot seeks to address issues like unanswered letters and lengthy call waiting times, with the Treasury committee set to scrutinize HMRC’s performance.”
Quotation by Nigel Holland.
- HMRC implements an “annualized hours” pilot.
- Staff to work longer hours during busy periods, like tax return season.
- Customer service issues, including unanswered letters, targeted.
- A 1% pay increase offered in exchange for giving up flexible working.
- Treasury committee set to scrutinize HMRC’s performance.